Heritage Culinary Arts
Learn and Do – Full Immersion Experiences
Our private, immersion, Culinary Arts Experiences are for 1 to 8 people, and are tailored to just your desired experience. Click here for in-depth information sheet on experiences.
Many choose multiple cooking lesson experiences and spend a half day or even a day with us. The Experiences are carefully orchestrated to allow for historical experience, maximum fun, AND learning. For example learning how easy it is to bake bread is well matched with churning butter and jam making experiences. They go together well and make good use of bread rising time. Bring your favorite wine to enjoy, if desired. If your schedule is limited and there is a public general session at the time you want, please contact us. If there are no registrants, that session will simply be moved. This is especially possible if scheduling out a ways.
- You decide what you want to experience
- Take home what you make
- Get a Certificate of Achievement and the recipes
- All focus is on you and your skill level
- See how it was done, learn how it can be done in your home and with today’s tools
- Seasonal pricing differences
- Group pricing
- A hearty farm-style meal is included!
- Pay using credit card, cash, or check (50% deposit required)
- Call 231-740-4065 or Email Us TODAY to get started planning your perfect immersion experience!
LEARN and DO – Prescheduled Classes
An alternative to the LEARN and DO premium heritage Culinary Arts Experience is to register for one of Bygone Basic’s prescheduled cooking class sessions. These include:
- Appetizers are served
- Beverage (such as lemonade)
- Printed recipes to take
- Divide up everything that was made to take home
- Filled with great hands-on learning opportunities and fun.
- See the Calendar for upcoming sessions.
- Click here or call 231-740-4065 TODAY to register!
Select and Eat
Downhome bakery foods, jams, jellies, sauces, candies, etc. Farm-to-Table Fresh. Delicious. Pure. Natural. Culinary Arts.
- Licensed kitchen
- Heirloom recipes
- Traditional ingredients
- Made fresh to order
- Local ingredients
- True artisan culinary arts
- Grandma/Mom delicious!
- Delivery options
- Go to Bakery & Goods page for more information and pricing.
Stay and Play
Amanda’s Bequest – a Heritage Bed & Breakfast is a historic farmhouse inn Bed & Breakfast.
- Perfect cooking vacation!
- Private baths
- Tasty, charming, farm-style breakfasts
- Stroll in the woods, watch deer from the back porch, relax in the parlor, help gather eggs, harvest garden goodness!
- Bicycle rental available for access to miles of trails nearby
- Ride, walk to unique downtown Montague/Whitehall
- Seasonal rates
- Packages available with Bygone Basics’ Experiences
- Plenty of parking for snowmobile and boat trailers.
- Check out Amanda’s Bequest Bed & Breakfast or call 231-740-4065 TODAY to register!
Meet and Retreat
Get-together in a unique environment. Get married. Have a family reunion. Add ala Carte cookery courses to your time here. Plenty of room for showers, weddings, families, friends, team or corporate retreats and meetings. Club get-togethers and small reunions too. The dining room and parlor are available for meeting times and strategy sessions…as is the outdoor deck. Design a program that works for you from the “ala carte” pricing menu. These can include beverage and tasty snack, a farmstyle lunch, and/or Bygone Basics experiences (this makes a great teamwork activity). You can choose to just meet and have a tour and snack, or select to have an old-style farm luncheon with your meeting; OR add heritage experiences for a great bonding/learning activity. You can select just the experience with no meeting or food service, as well. Additionally, Valerie can provide a fascinating historical program for your group.